Day 1: Victoria
Day 1: Melbourne - Yarra Valley - King Valley
9:00 am - Meet your professional guide at your nominated Melbourne hotel or address.
- Tour in complete luxury with us. Our fleet has been carefully selected with guest comfort and safety in mind and is comprised only of European luxury marques such as Mercedes Benz and Audi.
- Transfer to the Yarra Valley.
- The picturesque Yarra Valley, one hour east of Melbourne, is recognized for its world class, cool climate wineries located in the valley floor surrounded by the panoramic mountains of the Great Dividing Ranges.
10:00 am - Arrive at iconic De Bortoli Yarra Valley.
- Enjoy an exclusive and private behind the scenes tour of the De Bortoli Yarra Valley vineyard and winery. Immerse yourself in the story of the De Bortoli family, one of determination and triumph that started nearly 90 years ago in war-torn Europe and is now told four generations later at the Yarra Valley Estate.
- Take in the spectacular views of the vineyard whilst learning about our viticultural practices before touring the wine making facilities where you will have the rare opportunity to taste wines under production from barrels and tanks. Your De Bortoli host will then spoil you with a decadent gourmet cheese and wine tasting in the Trophy Room.
- Afterwards, be delighted at Locale restaurant with a 3 course Italian-inspired lunch with matched wines, followed by tea, coffee and house made biscotti to complete your unique experience.
02:30 pm - Depart the Yarra Valley for the King Valley.
- Located at the foothills of the Alpine National Park, the King Valley has one of the greatest concentrations of grape varietals of any wine region in Australia.
03:30 pm - Take a break at the Buxton Trout & Salmon Farm.
- Upon arrival, guests will be greeted by one of the farmers before setting off on a private tour of the farm that includes tasting awarded hand-milked Caviar, Atlantic Salmon, smoked Trout and more. Perhaps even try your luck and cast a fishing line!
05:30 pm - Arrive at the Mountain View Hotel.
- In the heart of Victoria’s King Valley wine region, the Mountain View Hotel is set amongst beautiful established gardens and surrounded by Jessie’s Creek. Check in to your well-appointed accommodation.
Evening - A dinner reservation has been made at the Mountain View Restaurant.
Guests can choose from a wide range of dishes served either in the bar, the dining area or perhaps outside in the beautiful beer garden of the Mountain View Hotel (own expense).
Day 2: Australia
Day 2: King Valley
Morning - Breakfast at leisure at the Whitty Café.
- Explore the picturesque countryside of the King Valley (Optional). Visit quaint the King Valley townships of Cheshunt or Moyhu or perhaps take in some local attractions such as Powers Lookout or Paradise Falls.
11:00 am - The Maker's Journey at Pizzini Wines.
- Undertake the Maker’s Journey at Pizzini Wines. Pizzini Wines is a family-owned winery in the King Valley specializing in the production of Italian wine varieties such as Pinot Grigio, Arneis, Prosecco, Sangiovese and Nebbiolo. Pizzini Wines has been built by Alfredo and Katrina based on their passion and commitment to family and Pizzini’s Italian heritage. During this exclusive experience, guests will get behind the scenes and learn how the Pizzini vineyard has evolved over the years, and why certain sites are more suited to particular varieties or wine styles than others. From the vineyard you will venture to the winery and explore the barrel room; tasting and learning how wines age in barrel, before returning to cellar door to enjoy a tutored tasting of finished wines in bottle.
01:00 pm - Picnic Lunch amongst the vines.
- Take in the spectacular views of the surrounding region as you sit enjoy a picnic hamper in the cellar door grounds with a glass of wine of your choice, the perfect way to absorb the morning’s learnings.
- Explore the Milawa Gourmet Region. The first official ‘gourmet region’ in Australia – the Milawa Gourmet Region is a food and wine gourmet epicentre. A contemporary fine art gallery is located at the Milawa Cheese Factory, along with a homewares store and Wood Park Wines. From the local aparies to mustard, cheese, olives and wines – the region is overflowing with things to taste and explore.
05:30 pm - Arrive at Lindenwarrah at Milawa.
- Lindenwarrah at Milawa combines the style and elegance of the world’s best boutique hotels with the tranquillity and beauty of High Country Victoria. Guests will have time to check in, freshen up and enjoy the facilities of the hotel.
Evening - A dinner reservation has been made at Restaurant Merlot at Lindenwarrah.
Cap off a great day in the King Valley with a dinner at Restaurant Merlot. The acclaimed contemporary Australian menu includes ingredients from local artisan producers and winemakers of Milawa, Rutherglen, Beechworth and the King Valley (own expense).
Activities and Services
Day 3: End of Itinerary
Day 3: King Valley - Melbourne
Early Morning - (Optional) Balloon Flight over the King Valley*.
- Take in the beautiful King Valley and surrounds from aloft at dawn, with endless views of vineyards and the stunning patchwork of fields, spectacular Mt Buffalo, Mt Stirling and beyond. The experience will commence at the Brown Brothers historic barn, where you will gain greater knowledge about the experience from the skilled and friendly crew prior to taking off, then take in spectacular views as you’re guided through the one-hour flight above Victo ria’s picturesque King Valley at sunrise. *Subject to dates and availability
Morning - Breakfast at leisure at Lindenwarrah at Milawa.
11:00 am - Participate in the Brown Brothers Private Tour & Tasting Experience.
- Brown Brothers is one of Australia’s oldest and most loved wineries. With four generations of wine making experience the Brown family continues to produce some of Australia’s most innovative wine. Guests will explore the extensive range of wines in a guided tasting session before experiencing the best of local produce with a gourmet three course food and wine matched lunch in the acclaimed restaurant Patricia’s Table.
03:00 pm - Depart for Melbourne
Approx. 06:00 pm - Conclude at your nominated Melbourne hotel or address