Day 1: Victoria
- The King Valley is remarkable for its imaginative use of alternative grape varieties by winemakers who long ago recognised the regions cool-climate potential. The mix of steep slopes, soil types and micro climates provide a mosaic of vineyard opportunities for inquisitive winemakers to explore and develop the varieties and wine styles that are the hallmark of the regions wines.
- Many cellar doors are open seven days in the King Valley, some having their own restaurants with a distinct Italian flavour. Soak up generous hospitality, warming food and new release innovative wine styles. The King Valley and Milawa Gourmet Regions climate and topography have cultivated an abundance of passionate producers and the area is a must do for foodies and wine lovers.
Located in Victoria’s north east and the King Valley wine region, Pizzini have been producing wine under their own label since 1994. Alfred and wife Katrina along with their four children believe strongly in their Italian heritage and ensure that all aspects of their business focus on their three loves or Tre Armore; wine, food, family and friends.
- Pizzini are passionate about the production of Italian varietal wines including Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Verduzzo and Arneis, Prosecco and Brachetto. Pizzini also produce a selection of traditional French styles including, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Merlot and Shiraz.
- Pizzini’s cellar door is open seven days offering a warm family atmosphere where you can bring friends and family to enjoy wine tasting in true Pizzini style. The cellar door is closed Christmas day.
- Enjoy a structured tasting at the cellar door, experiencing both current and back vintage wines while discussing the Italian wine varietals and how vineyard site and the different ‘makers’ techniques have influenced wine styles over the years.
After your tasting, select a glass of wine to enjoy with a picnic basket in the cellar door garden.
- Then continue on to your well appointed accommodation at the Pizzini owned Mountain View Hotel for check in and spend time relaxing or take in some local attractions such as Powers Lookout or Paradise Falls.
At 6.30pm you will be treated to a four course dinner with matched wine made by Joel Pizzini, in the fine Dining Lounge of the Mountain View Hotel.
Pizzini Wines are members of Ultimate Winery Experience Australia offering unique hands on experiences.
Includes: tutored wine tasting, picnic lunch with glass of wine, 1 night twin share accommodation at Mountain View Hotel, 4 course dinner with matching wines
Day 2: End of Itinerary
Check out after breakfast and drive back to Melbourne